Town of Ocean City, Maryland
For immediate release Media contact: Jessica Waters
October 26, 2012 Communications Manager
410-289-8967 or 443-235-2650
Click here to download a copy of the article. (PDF)
Town of Ocean City monitoring path of Hurricane Sandy, Storm updates provided on various outlets Ocean City, MD – Ocean City Emergency Services is continuing to monitor the projected path of Hurricane Sandy. Currently, the storm is expected to be in the Ocean City area during the evening hours of Sunday, October 28, and is projected to last through Tuesday, October 30. High winds and large amounts of rain are likely, which may lead to flooding and possible power outages.
During the storm, the Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on various websites, social media outlets and through the GovDelivery system. In an effort to keep citizens informed with the most updated and accurate information, the Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on the following outlets:
- Town of Ocean City Alerts via GovDelivery: subscribe to GovDelivery, visit the “City Wide Alerts” tab on the Town of Ocean City’s website at http://oceancitymd.gov.
- Town of Ocean City Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownOfOceanCity
- Town of Ocean City Twitter: @townofoceancity
- Town of Ocean City Access Channels 4 & 15
- Emergency Management Hotline: 410-723-6666
- Town of Ocean City website: www.oceancitymd.gov
- AM 1670 Advisory Radio Station
Throughout the storm, the Town of Ocean City’s Emergency Services personnel will be working closely with local and state representatives to provide citizens with timely, accurate and essential information. The Town of Ocean City encourages residents and business owners to begin to prepare for any impact the storm may have on Ocean City. To begin preparing, citizens should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. For more information regarding storm preparedness, please visit: http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes